Wednesday, April 30, 2008

out walkin' in the rain


there's a tom waits song that you put on a compilation CD. you made so many of those for me. i've been wanting to find it, but putting off looking through all those discs and playing them to find it. remembered calling you one day to say how much i loved the compilation, in particular that tom waits song. and that your compilations are so incredible. you loved being appreciated that way. and like always--the music you chose to include was how you spoke to me. "i wish to god you'd leave me; i wish to god you'd stay." that was us all right. today i took a stack of those compilation cds, picked one at random, stuck it in the boom box and hit play. there it was. first one. and all i want to do is call you and hear you talk to me. about anything. music man. i miss you with every song that is me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good one, slick. helps me get it. put one foot in front of the other until...