Monday, December 17, 2012

In the Company of Me

Something I've come to enjoy as I've grown older is my own company. A rather simple thing, I know. But it wasn't always like that. In my younger days it seemed I was happy only in the company of others. I ran away from the girl in the mirror. Searching for the right images to become--gestures to adopt as my own. "Who should I be?" The stuff of movies and books and film stars. . .I was good at that.

Conversations in my head or written down. Self-absorbed is not such a bad thing, you see. How else can you get to know someone?

Thoughts, reflections. So much enjoyment from the simple things--my backyard in the winter--with a carpet of leaves the colors of my cat's coat. And me--with all my imperfections. My strengths, my weaknesses. The moments I'd like to rewrite and live again. The times I'd like to edit from the tape. All the apologies I'd like to make. But it's all a progression. Reaching higher, learning, accepting that what you've done in the past is perhaps not what you should be doing now. And understanding that the only way you could know that is by having done them then--just as you did.

And recognizing your teachers. Understanding that anyone who has touched you lives inside you still. Reach in far enough and you'll touch them. Looking at the full moon over Mt. Tam and saying, "Wow."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once the game is 80% complete you will need to work on the sound.
Don't leave the landscape designing and terrain optimization to the last moment. It's fast to build and play
and will challenge your memory.

My blog click the following article

Anonymous said...

The second piece should fit the width of the pan,
plus extending up the sides. The good part of it here is that the
act of doing so does not require any kind of skill or competence.

Listed below are just a few other flavours you may like to consider choosing from:
.

Have a look at my homepage - sandy's cake and candy supplies